Monday, December 26, 2011
Even More Resources for Struggling Readers with Dyslexia--Part 2
1. http://www.learning-inside-out.com/dyslexia-statistics.html Are you a parent of a child struggling with learning strategies for reading, writing, math, test taking – or school in general? Or are you looking for methods to help yourself in some area of learning? This site will help.
2. http://www.senteacher.org/Condition/11/dyslexia.xhtml SEN weblinks and resources for dyslexia
3. http://www.ncld.org/at-school/general-topics/accommodations/accommodating-students-with-dyslexia How to accommodate students challenged with dyslexia (From the National Center for Learning Disabilities)
4. http://www.ncld.org/ld-basics/success-stories/anne-ford-allegra-ford-scholars/winning-battles-dyslexia A story to inspire---Porsha Buck's story follows her struggles with dyslexia and her goal from an early age to become a doctor. Porsha was the 2007 Runner-Up for the Anne Ford Scholarship and a great example of a learning-disabled student who accepted challenges with the confidence she could always overcome them.
5. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=new-font-helps-dyslexics-read Dutch researcher designs distinct characters into "Dyslexie" to make it more difficult for dyslexics to rotate, swap and mirror letters and numbers. (October 26, 2011)
For more information:
www.FocusandRead.com For focusing tools that work!
www.BrennanInnovators.com For info, resources, and support
Photo courtesy of: http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/home-and-garden/home/article_1bea7419-12fb-54e0-ba1a-7c542dc87a08.html