Saturday, February 25, 2012
Helpful Apps for Dyslexia and Related Reading Issues
With the popularity of last week’s blog article and app list for autism (it received the most visitors of all our other blog articles combined!), we thought it would be very appropriate this week to provide a list of apps dedicated to those with dyslexia-related symptoms. Here is our current list of BEST apps for this need:
1. Textkraft English: Top Smart Text Processor for iPad---Textkraft English is the perfect iPad writing tool for you, your tweens or teens to write essays, letters or email.
2. American Wordespeller – A Phonetic Dictionary App to Help Dyslexic Kids with Spelling ---American Wordspeller© & Phonetic Dictionary app is great phonetic dictionary that can help and support kids with spelling difficulties and dyslexia.
3. Collections of Top Spelling Apps for Kids (Some include promo codes for free or lower prices---Issued 2/21/12 and may be time sensitive)
4. Top Ten iPhone Apps: (Includes VIDEO) Ron Davis – Unlocking the Power of Dyslexia--- Ronald D. Davis explains how he discovered how to overcome his reading disability through the power of orientation.
5. Apps for Dyslexia and Learning Disabilities---This long list of tools can help level the playing field for you, a student or others to reading, spelling, writing, and organizational/study skills. Use of these tools can also lead to increased self-confidence in the classroom and workplace.
6. Best 5 iPad Apps for Dyslexia---by Drs.Fernette and Brock Eide
7. openWeb---Dyslexia-friendly web browser by Abbie Gonzalez
(Software) Ghotit corrects the spelling of people with dyslexia and dysgraphia. http://www.ghotit.com
Special Note: The Reading Focus Cards work well to provide even more focus and concentration with iPads, Kindles, Nooks, and other related tech devices. Just remember to use a non-scratch film to protect the tech screens with this application.
Happy Reading, EVERYONE!
For more information:
www.FocusandRead.com For ADHD focusing tools that work!
www.BrennanInnovators.com For ADHD info and support