Friday, April 27, 2012
It's Time for Summer Reading!
To help you, we have provided here some resources that should point you in the right direction. We have book lists for boys and those for girls. Some of these lists include recommendations for teens as well. We also have reading lists provided by educational entities whose names you will most certainly recognize. Please use these lists to share with your students’ parents and to enrich those lazy summer days of your own children.
Have a safe summer, and please remember that READING can be the BEST bridge activity your child can do this summer---or anytime!
Happy “Summer” Reading, everyone!
Summer Reading Lists for Boys, Girls & Teens
1. Great Books for Boys (for various age levels---via About.com)
2. Best Books That Appeal to Boys (by grade groupings)
3. Top 10 2012 Summer Reading Lists For Kids and Teens (from Elizabeth Kennedy, About.com Guide)
4. Books for Boys (by Max Elliott)
5. Eighteen Highly-Recommended Books for Girls (various age levels-from Random House)
6. Reading List for Girls and Young Women from the NCCD (Nat’l Council on Crime & Delinquency)
7. Reading List for Young Girls (list from blog article by Ms. Blair Peter---other lists included)
8. Sylvan Learning Center’s Recommended Summer Reading List (by grade levels)
9. Kumon’s (English) Recommended Reading List (by reading level, genre, & author)
10. This special edition of the WeAreTeachers Book Club List includes 20 brand-new books that are just right for summer reading. There are recommendations for every grade level, so print out the list and share it with students, families and colleagues!
For more information:
www.FocusandRead.com Tools for struggling readers of all ages!
www.BrennanInnovators.com Info & support for struggling readers
Clip art courtesy of http://webclipart.about.com/od/homeoriginal/tp/Summer-Clip-Art-Header.01.htm